Suggestions required for treated wood removal after renovation.
Banner

Author Topic: Suggestions required for treated wood removal after renovation.  (Read 107 times)

robertsm

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Iím thinking of renovating my house by the end of this Winter. My renovation project involves extending a room, replacement of all windows and doors, install kitchen cabinets and the list goes on, quite a big renovation is on the cards. I have already approached a contractor for the renovation project. Meanwhile, still searching for window and door installation services. But Iím not sure on how to handle the renovation waste since Iím short of space. I read an article on disposing of treated wood which states that, it is dangerous to burn treated wood as they are laden with toxic chemicals. I want to ensure safe as well as eco-friendly measures to dispose of all those treated wood and all the renovation waste. Any suggestions on how to go eco-friendly in the disposal of treated wood. All re-purposing ideas for treated wood are welcome. Can I donate or sell such treated wood? Meanwhile, thinking of approaching any trash removal company for suggestions on how to dispose of treated wood. Anticipating valuable tips and suggestions from your end too.

Rob1010

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
    • Dumpster Rental Toronto
Re: Suggestions required for treated wood removal after renovation.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 04:51:55 AM »
I actually recently undertook a massive renovation job and my contractor was very good in disposing of everything responsibly. Our fence, cabinets and some desks were in a seperate bin while the tile, drywall and insulation went into another. Was very happy with the job they did.

Here is an article from their website that you may find useful. Let me know your thoughts :)

Tips for Recycling Old Wood

Find a local contractor

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK waste management companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL CONTRACTORS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Compare Price

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close