Should I hire a company to deal with my event waste?
Banner

Author Topic: Should I hire a company to deal with my event waste?  (Read 729 times)

Jessica Lake

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Should I hire a company to deal with my event waste?
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:53:42 PM »
I have decided that I am definitely going to hire waste bins for my event in a couple of months, however it might be a better idea to hire a company who can be on-site for the whole thing. What do you think about that? There will be a couple of thousand people there, and lots of food, drinks etc, so I imagine that there will be a lot of waste to deal with. Would it be worth having someone there, or would it be okay to simply wait and deal with it all at once at the end of the three-day event?

Mark Haslam

• View Profile
Re: Should I hire a company to deal with my event waste?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:09:52 AM »
Take it from me - nothing is worse than having an event (or being at one) where the waste situation is out of hand. There can be rubbish all over the floor, and it's not nice. So from that perspective, it could be great to be able to have that taken care of as you go along rather than leaving it, so this could certainly be a great option for the event that you're holding, providing it's a service that you are able to afford.

Andrew Knowles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 01:25:12 PM »
After a couple of experiences of running events, I can tell you that I would never, EVER, want to deal with all of the waste that an event produces again. It was awful, and it is so much easier to be able to just sign it over to people who actually know what they are talking about.

jeaferic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 05:22:49 AM »
Hi Jessica

I must say that's a very interesting question. So the answer to your question is a "definitely yes" bcoz after an event It often looks like a hurricane went through it and it's not an easy task to manage a large amount of waste and heap it in a corner for days. That would make the surrounding stinky and obvio messy. I'm an event coordinator from Toronto and as per my experience, I would strongly prefer to hire a junk removal company to pick up all the wastes. This would really help in getting rid of all the post-event rather voluminous trash and will certainly make cleaning up after a large event much easier!.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:26:24 AM by jeaferic »

Rob1010

• View Profile
    • Dumpster Rental Toronto
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 04:45:07 AM »
Event Planning is a whole different beast from waste management. My 2 cents is that you should simplify your life as mush as possible (as long as it is in the budget) :)

I recently hired a Dumpster Rental Company in my area and i must say that having the bin on site worked well for us. Then again, it was a party for all my family and friends and all the waste was responsibly disposed off.

Find a local contractor

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK waste management companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL CONTRACTORS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Compare Price

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close