What happens to WEEE waste?
Banner

Author Topic: What happens to WEEE waste?  (Read 600 times)

Jessica Lake

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
What happens to WEEE waste?
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:49:25 AM »
I am thinking about recycling some of my electronics, but I would like to know what happens to this type of waste. I like to know where my things go when I recycle them, as this information is important to me, so if anybody knows what happens to these products then I would very much like to know about it! Thank you.

GemmaRowlands

• View Profile
Re: What happens to WEEE waste?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
If you use a company to deal with your WEEE then it will be recycled in accordance to very strict guidelines. This is also the case if you choose to take it to your local recycling bank, which could be a great thing to do, as it is one of the easiest choices that you have.

Zarostulus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »
I am thinking about recycling some of my electronics, but I would like to know what happens to this type of waste. I like to know where my things go when I recycle them, as this information is important to me, so if anybody knows what happens to these products then I would very much like to know about it! Thank you.
The items are stripped down as much as possible to separate the various different materials, most of which are then melted down and used in future applications. Not all WEEE is recyclable though - some of it can be toxic and/or combustable.

Paul Chapman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 03:04:42 PM »
Could the metal be used in similar products to the product that it was recycled from, or does it only have limited use once recycled? I know that there are certain types of materials that are changed slightly when they are used again.

Butterfly88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 11:27:42 AM »
If you need a best waste disposal services, you came at a right place - http://junkandgardening.co.uk/

Junkagardening is one of the best cleaning service company in London, UK. They use Hot water High pressure methodology to clean your residential or industrial premises within minutes.

Find a local contractor

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK waste management companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL CONTRACTORS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Compare Price

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close