We have been finding somewhere to put our waste for most of our existence. In the beginning, when we lived in small communities, waste was not that much of a problem – we placed out of sight of our settlements to rot and be absorbed back into the ground naturally. The moment we began to develop products that were not degraded so easily, however, the concept of waste disposal was born in earnest.
While homes generally get their waste bins provided by the local council, most businesses, unless they have an arrangement with their transporter, either have to buy or hire their bins. As with most business hardware nowadays, hiring has some distinct advantages over buying, not least the opportunity to operate flexibily.
The Benefits of Bin Hire
- Hiring a bin from us rather than buying outright can be a more cost-effective option, especially if your waste needs are likely to change or grow over time.
- It gives you the opportunity if you need to upgrade – for instance if your waste production increases suddenly, rather than having to buy a new bin to cope with this you can simply add provision via your rental agreement.
- If a something like a lid becomes damaged or you need to replace a worn out bin, then it’s much easier to do so.
- If you handle materials like hazardous waste, you can stay on top of the latest secure storage technology rather than stick with what you already have.
- Bin hire is also the perfect solution for one off events such as festivals, concerts, corporate events and celebrations. With your legal obligation to show a duty of care, anyone organising an event has to normally engage good waste disposal services before they are granted a license, contact us to see how we can help your event go off without a hitch.
Types of Bin
There are a range of bin types on the market that vary in size and suitability for different sorts of waste. Materials such as clinical waste require highly secure bins to make sure that biological end products or products like sharps are properly sealed away and cannot be accessed easily by the general public. For large offices hiring desk side recycling bins can be a great option and you can even have different ones for different products such as paper and plastic that saves sorting out when individual office material goes to the main waste area.
Bin Hire for Events
Event waste management is a big issue, particularly occasions where large numbers of people are attending. The benefits of hiring your bins for occasions such as festivals or concerts is that you can enter into a short term rental contract rather than buy something outright (and have to store it away afterwards). We will also be able to look at your event and make sure that you have all the right products you need to handle the waste that you are going to produce.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring Bins
First of all, you need to decide what you want to hire bins for. If you are planning a one off event such as a festival, it makes perfect sense to hire your bins rather than buy outright. If you are a business that wants flexibility, then it might be the perfect solution rather than buying outright.
If you are a commercial enterprise and looking for something long term, you need to be clear about what kind of waste your business produces. For instance, perhaps you are an office that creates paper and plastic waste more than anything else. This would mean your bin and storage solution is fairly straight forward. If, however, you have hazardous products on site that you want to protect your staff from or prevent people accessing, a more secure bin with locking will definitely be required. The good news is there is a specially made bin for each type of waste. Hiring your bins makes sense if you have a range of waste streams or have something that is considered hazardous or needs careful storage.
Why we are the Right Bin Hire Company
We offer both the provision to buy outright or to hire bins, we also cater for single situations such as festivals and trade events.
Our services include combined options like bin hire with a collection service, which means that you don’t have to worry about finding a third party to handle this are of your waste management process.
Contact us today for a quotation or to find out more.