For large amounts of loose waste that needs picking up and taking away, then a grab lorry could well be a good option to consider. It is often used as an alternative to bulky skip hire in the commercial and industrial sectors, in particular construction and demolition businesses. The advantage is that you don’t have to pay for permits or keep a skip on the premises that could take up valuable space.
It’s not all about large amounts of waste, however. Grab lorries are also suitable for domestic general waste clearance where the introduction of a skip is either not convenient or not accessible.
What is a Grab Lorry?
Grab lorries are large, heavy duty trucks with powerful mechanical arms that can be used to pick up waste from the ground or a container. They have a good reach and can be utilised in awkward areas where perhaps you don’t have space to fit a normal skip. Grab lorries come in 8, 6 and 4 wheel varieties depending on the amount of waste you need to have transported and can carry a large amount of rubbish.
The Benefits of hiring a Grab Lorry
- You don’t have to worry about the limited space provided by a skip. You can simply fill an area of ground which you have spare and then have it picked up by the grab truck and transported away.
- The extended arm of the grab truck can reach difficult areas, for example over a fence or between trees, and can be used with a high degree of accuracy by a qualified operator.
- Our grab lorries can cost less than normal skip hire. An 8-wheel grab lorry will be able to handle the equivalent of two skips worth of debris.
- Our grab service can be used for a variety of waste from construction and building to muck and garden waste.
- If you hire a skip and have to put it on the road outside a property, you will probably have to get a permit and meet certain requirements from the local council. With a grab lorry there is no such inconvenience. It simply arrives, collects and leaves with your waste.
- Our grab lorries don’t just have to be for large jobs. Garden waste and other collections can be made easier by hiring a grab lorry rather than transporting it yourself down to the recycling plant or using other disposal methods.
- Grab lorries are not only good for taking waste away – they can be used for delivery of products such as aggregate and other building materials.
How to Hire a Grab Lorry
The good news is that we now offer grab hire for both commercial and domestic hire. We handle inert waste such as concrete, rubble, soil and clay as well as mixed waste such as garden clippings and cuttings, manure, metal, plasterboard and household waste. Whether you are having building work done on your home or undertaking something like installing a new patio, a grab lorry certainly makes a difference.
You can contact us on 0207 112 8441 for national grab lorry hire, local to you in your area for both domestic and commercial jobs.